New Dickens lecture & Events: Spring/Summer 2013

As historical consultant on the forthcoming film directed by Ralph Fiennes, 'The Invisible Woman', about Dickens and Nelly Ternan, I had an unprecedented opportunity to immerse myself in the Victorian world. I advised on the details of locations and costume. I thought hard about vocabulary and turns of phrase. And I tried to understand from his letters and novels how Dickens could be at once so generous, and so hard-hearted.  Building on my research for this project, I have created a new illustrated lecture on The Invisible Woman: into the heart of Dickens.

Forthcoming events

8th May: Sutton Coldfield, Christopher Dresser: A pioneer of modern design?

15th May: Beverley, Christopher Dresser: A pioneer of modern design?

28th June: Portico Library, Manchester, Written out: women's letters and the Victorian art world

2nd July: Saltaire, The Pre-Raphaelites and the V&A Museum

16th September: Harrogate, St. Cecilia's Halo: Music, Sex and Death in Victorian Painting

18th September: Market Harborough, The Invisible Woman: into the heart of Dickens

for more information about times and venues, please tweet me @suzannefagence or email suzannefagencecooper@yahoo.com

Comments

Popular Posts